The Denmark Bowling Club, as it was then called, was first formed at a public meeting in March 1948.
Although nothing became of the Club until 1955, with the official opening being in 1956, the first bowl being put down by a Mr. J. Fox on a four lane grass green.
The first Pennants match was played at Mt. Barker in 1962/3.
The present building was erected with the purchase of the Denmark Railway Station for £400 in 1964; removal and erection costing a further £2,009.
A second green was approved in 1967 and was playable by 1970. The Club was incorporated on 18th July 1969.
The coolroom and bar facilities were installed in 1979/80.
A decision was made in 2007 to install the two synthetic greens, we have today,and after initial problems these were finished in 2008/09.
Minor refurbishments continued throughout the life of the Club by the generous efforts of several active working members, as continues today.
In 2011 it was realised that the Clubhouse was too small and too expensive to renovate especially as it consisted mainly of asbestos. The decision was made that we should ask other riverside clubs to join forces to then apply for better funding for a new building. Thus the Riverside Club came into being in 2013 and in 2014 each club came under the banner of Denmark Riverside Club Inc.
AUTHOR: JIM ELSON
Graeme Bain - Men's Captain Tel: 0417 940 618
Glenda Waters - Ladies' Captain Tel: 9892 3005
Cathy Burges - Ladies' Vice Captain Tel: 9848 2103
Jane Holland - Bowls Club Secretary Tel: 9848 1529
Ethel Choules - Coach Tel: 9848 1284
email = email@example.com
SOCIAL PLAY TIMES
Tuesdays 1pm onwards - Mixed Social
Fridays 2pm onwards - Scroungers
Saturdays 1pm onwards - Mixed Social
Tuesdays and Saturdays - 12.30pm for a 12.45pm start.